Monday, March 23, 2009

A Shattered Heart's Journey: Chapter 3

Chapter 3: The Past

“Whoah!”
No way! Why am I thinking that guy? Ashley, be serious! You just saw your boyfriend cheating on you and now, you’re thinking someone other than your traitor boyfriend?...You’re insane!
“Ms. Cortez, are you alright?”
“…”
“Ashley Ann Nicole, are you okay?”
Someone nudge me out of the blue. I went back to reality, then I was surprise when I looked up, Mr. Harold is now in front of me and looking so pissed off but at the same there was a hint of concern to me.
“Are you alright?”
“I’m sorry, Sir. But I’m not…”
He looked at me once more.
“Hija, I’ll let you pass this time….”
“…”
“Now, get your butt out of this classroom right now and take a rest when you get home…”
I was shocked when he said that. I look at him with awe.
Him, Mr. Harold will let his student take a rest and be considerate? No way! This is a dream come true! The terror art teacher is now letting me go home without his usual sarcastic voice. Whew! I thought he’s going to say shameful words to me but I guess not.
“Are you going or not? I’m giving you 5 minutes to leave Ms. Cortez.”
I hurriedly get my things and I look at him with a thankful look in my eyes.
He just nodded and continues his lecture when I got out of the room.

Now, where should I go? I don’t want to go home yet. I want to be alone. I don’t want some maids telling me that I need to return call to my parents all over again. I don’t want to talk to my parents. I’m not yet ready. Not now that there’s so many things bugging me.

I ended up in the field. AGAIN. I stared at the field and felt that it was so peaceful. I hope my feelings are peaceful too…but I guess it’s not because I have mixed emotions that I’m feeling right now. I can feel raindrops fall on my face together with the tears that formed in my eyes. The night is dark, surprisingly there were no lights turned on. There I was alone, and crying. The rain is accompanying me to pour my feelings and let me cry the pain I’m feeling.

“She is the cheerleader; he is the MVP of soccer team. Wow. Perfect match.” I talked to myself.
“Who could’ve thought they weren’t an item? I was nothing compared to her. She got the looks, the body, the brain, and everything…She even got lots of friends. As for me, I don’t even have the body. Everyone hates me…” as I said those words, tears continued to fall from my eyes.
“He was the only one I loved that much. But he broke my heart into pieces…”
The rain continued to pour.
“I hate this life. I hate James. I hate love. I hate myself. I hate friends! I hate everything!” I shouted.
Then I was crying again. Crying really hard.

“Will you hate me too?”
I heard a voice from my back. I was taken aback. I turned around.

“I hate you all!”
I shouted at him. What is he doing here anyway?
“What are you doing here? Can’t you feel it?”
He opened his arms sideward.
“It’s raining.”
He pulled my hand.
“C’mon! You’ll get sick!”
I didn’t know what happened next. All I could remember was the jolt of electricity that I felt when his hand touched mine.
Nathan, what are you doing to me right now? I don’t need you. You’re just making it hard for me to forget the past…when I fell in love with you and leave me hanging…

*****

No comments: