Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Shattered Heart's Journey: Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The Bittersweet Kiss

“Oh, man! This is bullshit!” James said and stormed out of the corridor with a pissed of look while his girlfriend was too shocked to move. The rest are having different reactions towards the action that I did.
“You’re a slut!” someone shout of the blue.
Reality came over me and goodbye to my own world wherein there’s only me and Nathan. Now, I’m ashamed for what I did. Why did I kiss him? I should just get the hell out of here and not mind their business. Argghh. I don’t love Nathan! Geez, I just broke up with my boyfriend yesterday. Oh, wait, I didn’t break up with my boyfriend instead I saw him with Chelly but still our relationship is over well for me. There are so many things that boggle my mind right now. I want to get out of this place pretty soon.
I step back and I feel Nathan’s lips stop and slowly moving away. My heart stopped to beat for a second, waiting to Nathan’s next move while my eyes are still close. Moments later, I still feel his hot breath on my face. Waahhh…move away! I can’t breathe! Help!
“Lei, open your eyes now.” Nathan gently said it with a low voice that only I can hear.
I hesitant for once in my life to do the right thing, I open my eyes slowly and Nathan’s eyes welcomed me with so much tenderness and love. Whattt?! Did I say love?! No, it can’t be true. Oh, crap! I need to compose myself.
“Why did you kiss me, Lei?”
I don’t know what to say.
“Ahmm…Nathan, I---“
“Nathan, why did you kiss that slut?” Chelly interrupted while shooting me a scary glare.
Nathan just look at me with so much emotions that I can’t name it. What’s happening to him?
“Nathan! Stop looking at her! I’m still your girlfriend!”
I hurriedly step back while my hands are on the arms of Nathan’s and removing his grip on me. To my horror, he didn’t let me go instead he tightened his grip on me like he didn’t want me away from him and I’m his life.
I look at him with shock.
“I can’t let you go, Lei. Not yet. Now, that we have to talk for once.”
“What the heck are you doing, Nathan?! Let me go!”
“No, not yet. We have to talk.”
“Okay, I give up. Let me go, will you?”
“No! You’re going to run away from me and I can’t let that happen all over again.”
“Nathan, listen. I have to move away so that we can talk seriously and we’re creating a scene again.”
“N---“
“Get your hands off, you bitch! He’s mine!” someone angrily shouted while determined hands were all over me and letting me move away from Nathan’s body.
“What the---“
I looked around to see Chelly with an angry look. Oh, God! Not again.
“Geez! He’s yours, for all I care!” I shouted and started to step forward away from that place.
A hand stopped me.
I looked to the hand that holds my hand and slowly look up to see the owner of that hand.
“What do you want, Nathan? Let me go, will you? Talk to your girlfriend and let me get back my peaceful life!”
I’m trying to release my hand from his grip but he’s just adding up pressure to his grip and tightened it.
“Lei, can you wait?”
He walked to Chelly’s direction with my hand so; I don’t have a choice but to follow his footsteps.
“Chelly, we’re through! After all you did, you still have the guts to tell me and the others that you’re still my girlfriend. Grow up, will you?!”
He walked past Chelly. I looked at Chelly and surprisingly, she’s not crying instead she’s angry.
Wow! Is that what you call love? Wahhh…
“Where are we going, Nathan?”
“Away from everything…”

*****

No comments: