Monday, March 23, 2009

A Shattered Heart's Journey: Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Second Chances

“Smile, Ashley. You need to smile even if it’s hard.” I told my reflection one morning.
Last night, I just went straight to the gazebo and I let myself cry again. Then after I let it all out, I got my guitar from my room and played it while I sing. This is my way to let out all my frustrations in life. My guitar is my family. Without it, I don’t know what will happen to me.

When I arrived in our school, all eyes were on me. I suspected the gossipers already knew why I wasn’t with James. Three days had passed since I caught James making out with the cheerleader.
James and I never spoke to each other since that incident.

“I suppose James broke up with her. She’s such a bore.” I heard a girl says.
“Look at her. She’s so…so…yuck!”
I walked past them. I was sort of used to them. No one ever, ever, ever liked me. I was an outcast ever since I enrolled in this school until Nathan and James came into the picture. My life turned upside down.
“James has a new girlfriend that’s why they’re not together! Chelly!” a guy shouted.
My heart sank.
Chelly was the cheerleader that everyone adored. I looked down and walked fast. I hid my face with my long hair from the people around me.
All of the sudden, I bumped into something…or better yet someone.
“Hey! Watch out! Are you stupid or stupid?”
I heard a guy shout in front of me. I looked up and was shocked.
Oh, crap! It’s James.
I noticed that Chelly was all over him. I pushed him.
“Move away you stupid moron!”
I started to walk.
“Ashley, wait up!” he shouted.
I stopped in my tracks and opened my ears to him.
“Thanks for the two dull years you gave me. I ran out of enthusiasm. You’re boring. I couldn’t help but be attached to a beautiful babe.”
I turned around.
“Right, Chelly?” he said then, they kissed passionately. The crowd in the corridor cheered them as I walked out annoyed.
“He fooled you.” I repeatedly said to myself.
“I hate myself.”
I bump to someone again. Why is it I bumped to someone whenever I’m down? Weird…
Because of the impact, we almost fell on the floor but someone avoided it from happening by holding my shoulders to steady me.
When I’m okay, I looked up to say thanks.
“Thanks---“
My eyes widened.
“Hey, Laine!”
“Nathan!”
“Miss me?” he teasingly said it with a smile.
“Nah!”
“Wait here, I just need to do something.” he said then he walked past to me.
Where is he going? I turned back to see where he’s heading.
No! What is he going to do? I saw him walking towards James and his crowd. James is laughing with his groupie when Nathan drew his fist up high and punch James in the face so hard that everyone is shock from what he did.
“Damn it, man! What’s that for?!”
He said while his hand is on his face.
“That’s for hurting Lei! You bastard!” Nathan said with gritting teeth and his eyes are blazing with fury.
“What’s wrong with you?! I don’t even know Lei!”
“You don’t know Lei, ha?!”
He punched James again.
“She’s the only one you hurt. She’s Ashley!”
“Whoa! Stop it, Nathan!”
“You bastard! I gave way for you because you said you love her but then what did you do ah?! You hurt her! You don’t deserve her! You---“
He said and he’s ready to punch him again when I stopped him through my arms encircled in his chest.
“Please, Nathan. Stop it. It’s not worth it…” I gently said it while holding him tighter.
“Let me go, Lei. He hurt you and to think he’s my best buddy!”
“No, Nathan. I’m not going to let you go unless you stop it.”
He still resisted from my hold so, I don’t have a choice but to do this…
“Whoa! You slut!” someone shouted.
I just closed my eyes and cherish the moment. I kissed Nathan on the lips just to calm him.
Nathan was so shock that he didn’t even respond to my kiss so, I decided to end the kiss but then when I slowly moving away from him, he embraced me and kiss me back with passion. His kiss is so sweet to the extent that I forgot the people watching us. I only see me and Nathan. Then I realized that this is where I belong…to him…

*****

No comments: