Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Shattered Heart's Journey: Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The Mysterious Man

“Hey, are you okay?”
Someone asked me but I can’t say nor speak right now. My mind is blank like an empty pen. I’m still shock from everything I saw a while ago.
“Hey, are you deaf?”
A hand came in front of my face and started to snap.
I didn’t respond.

A few minutes had passed, my eyes went big and my body freeze. Someone embraced me and hold me so tight that I can’t breathe. Now, I realized that I’m still alive and breathing. Tears start to fall down on my cheeks. Unconsciously, my hands reached the mysterious man embracing me and answered him or her with a tight hold. I don’t know why but I feel warm and secure in this unknown’s arms.

“I’m just here…” says the mysterious man softly while his other hand keeps on touching my hair in a soothing way.
I just keep on crying.
“Let it out…Let me feel your hurt…”

I don’t know how many hours we stayed like that until there’s no more tears falling from my eyes. I felt silent for a moment. Wait a minute. Who’s this man? Why do I feel so secure in his arms? Yeah, you heard it right. The mysterious man is a guy. I just figured it out right now when I noticed his built. I don’t know what to say. Should I say, thanks, I’m okay now? Or I’m sorry, I got your clothes wet? Nah, I’m not like that. I hate dramas. I’m still thinking when he interrupted my thoughts.

“It’s okay, you don’t need to say anything…” he gently said it while he slowly let me go.
Whoah! Is he a psyche? How can he read what’s on my mind right now?! Who’s this guy? Do I know him?
I slowly opened my eyes. My eyes went big and to my utter surprise, my mouth opened a little.
Why?! Oh, man! Why do you let me experienced this?! This is so not my scene. Why him? Of all people, why does it have to be him?
“Are you alright, Lei?” he asked me with a worried look.
“…”
“Hey! C’mon! Say something, you’re freaking me out.”
“Why are you here?”
“Huh?”
“What do you mean?”
“No!”

I run as fast as I could away from him. I still heard him calling me with that same name again…Why does he have to call me that name again? He brought up so many memories again just by saying it to me again. I didn’t look back. I’m afraid if I looked back, I will let him have his chance to laugh at me. Oh, dear! I don’t want him to think that I’m such a weakling.


“I’m sorry…Nathan…”


*****


Oh, crap! I should have followed her and talked to her. I didn’t know that she’ll be so shock to know that I am the one who’s embracing her. I was just walking around in this grassy part of the school near the soccer field when I saw her standing near the tree and looking so lost. I got this feeling that something happened that makes her upset.

I can’t just watch her looking like that. There’s this sudden urge that tells me that I need to comfort her and make her smile again. What’s happening to me? Why do I feel this way towards her?

She is just Lei, my mortal enemy since I can’t remember. I don’t know what happened between the two of us. Her name is Ashley Ann Nicole Cortez, the girl whom I have a crush on. She is my neighbor and my childhood best friend but not anymore…

I watched her disappear in my sight. My mind is so confused. What happened to her?
“Lei…”
I walked slowly going back to the building wherein my next class is located or better yet my after-school practice if I get so unlucky today.

“What a turned of events…”


*****

No comments: